3 Great Eggnog Substitutes
Eggnog more than any other drink signifies Christmas. But for many people eggnog is, well, just sort of gross. The idea of raw eggs in milk greets many holiday celebrants with a crinkled nose and a furrowed brow. Which...
Eggnog more than any other drink signifies Christmas. But for many people eggnog is, well, just sort of gross. The idea of raw eggs in milk greets many holiday celebrants with a crinkled nose and a furrowed brow. Which is why we bring you some Eggnog substitutes that will keep all the revelers happy this Christmas season.
- 1 1/2 cups egg substitute (Egg Beaters)
- 2 tbsp. sweetener
- 2 tbsp. vanilla
- 1 can evaporated skim milk
- 3 cups skim milk
- 1 tbsp. brandy, if you prefer
- Blend substitute in mixer, or by hand until light and airy.
- Add Remainder of ingredients. Chill 24 hours.
- To serve, shake well add some nutmeg to the top.
- 5 1/2 cups milk
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding and pie filling
- 4 teaspoons rum
- 3/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. confectioners' sugar
- Mix milk and pudding mix. Add rum and nutmeg.
- Mix cream and confectioners' sugar in a bowl until stiff peaks form. Add 1 cup cream to milk; stir.
- Add remaining whip cream to top, sprinkle with nutmeg.
- 8 oz. milk
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- Heat milk about 45 seconds in microwave.
- Remove, add vanilla, ginger and sugar.
- Top with cinnamon and nutmeg.
Serves 1, brandy or rum optional.
For more information on food or drinks for your family this Christmas season, we're here to help! Contact us any time.