Delicious Coconut Crust
Coconut Crust There are many great coconut treats out there. A lot of people feel a bit overwhelmed when thinking of cooking with coconut. Why? Because many consider it a tropical or 'strange' food and often have never used it before....
There are many great coconut treats out there. A lot of people feel a bit overwhelmed when thinking of cooking with coconut. Why? Because many consider it a tropical or 'strange' food and often have never used it before. Never fear, there are tons of great tasty treat recipes that will be a great addition to your meals!
This Coconut Crust recipe is a great choice because not only is it easy and healthy, but allows you to experiment with different pies. You could even make several crusts for several different pies. This way everyone will have a flavor pie that suits their tastes.
This recipe is super easy. Why? Well take a peek at the ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups of flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons of butter
Yes, that's right, two ingredients. With two ingredients you have a healthy alternative to the typical pie crust and a unique beginning to a delicious dessert!
- Mix the coconut and butter together.
- Press mixture into a pie pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 15 minutes, or until the crust is golden.
For a thicker crust, adjust the amount of coconut. Adding an additional 1/2 cup of coconut and slightly more butter will give you a thicker and more stable crust for heavier pies.
What now? Well now that you have a delicious crust, you need to figure out your fillings!
Easy Pie Filling Ideas
- Sugar free instant pudding works well. Not only does it follow the healthy trend but it is available in many flavors.
- Are you a coconut fan? Try this Coconut Cream pie recipe. Now you'll have a coconut cream pie with a coconut crust!
- Try using some whipped cream on the filling, sprinkle with nuts, or even chopped fruit.
For more great recipe ideas contact us!