How to Peel a Mango, the Easy Way
Mango Slices Have you ever wondered how to peel a mango? Although it may look tricky, it really doesn't have to be. The first thing you are going to want to do is get a cutting board, a sharp...
Have you ever wondered how to peel a mango? Although it may look tricky, it really doesn't have to be.
- The first thing you are going to want to do is get a cutting board, a sharp knife and a spoon.
- Hold the mango on the cutting board with one hand and the the knife in the other.
- Carefully begin to cut the mango 360 degrees lengthwise.
- After making your cut, grab your spoon and gently slide under the skin with the bottom of the spoon facing up.
- Continue to move it under the skin until you are to grab it and peel it off. Loosen the skin with the spoon if you need to.
- Repeat on the the other side.
- After removing the skin, carefully remove the flesh from the seed by slicing the mango lengthwise around the center of the fruit.
Cleaning a mango isn't a hard process but it can be tricky the the first couple times. Like with most things practice makes Perfect. Some quick facts about mangoes.
- Fresh Mangoes are the most consumed fruit in the world
- Mango trees can grow 100 feet tall
- Mangoes are related to the pistacho
- Mangoes are full of healthy nutrients. The amount of vitamins is determined by the age of the fruit.
Mango Salsa Recipe
- 1 Mango, peeled and diced
- 1/2 a red onion, peeled and diced
- 2 small fresh tomatoes
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 1 habenero pepper, deseeded and minced
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and minced
- The juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
Chop up the ingredients and mix well!
If you have any suggestions, questions or comments please contact us.