Meatless Monday - Pumpkin Ravioli
Pumpkin as the Secret Ingredient The rage in the fall is everything pumpkin spiced. Of course, I can count on the one-and-only Elizabeth Weaver to create a recipe that mirrors the favored spice of fall. In a Cooking Class earlier,...
The rage in the fall is everything pumpkin spiced. Of course, I can count on the one-and-only Elizabeth Weaver to create a recipe that mirrors the favored spice of fall. In a Cooking Class earlier, she created this Alfredo Sauce for three types of Ravioli that she bought from a high end market. The three Ravioli options were Hazelnut and Feta, Five Cheese and a Butternut Squash variety. This was a crowd pleaser and a bit healthier over the traditional Alfredo Sauces we know. The original recipe by Weaver used Chicken Stock, but there is no reason not to substitute Vegetable Stock to keep this meatless. Oh for the love of everything pumpkin spiced!
Pumpkin Ravioli Alfredo
– recipe shared by Elizabeth Weaver – Elizabeth’s Edibles
- 1 package (25 oz) frozen cheese ravioli
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup canned pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage
- dash of freshly grated nutmeg
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the ravioli according to the package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the flour, vegetable broth and milk.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, 30-60 seconds. Add in the milk mixture, Parmesan cheese, pumpkin puree, parsley, sage and nutmeg. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 10-15 minutes.
- Stir the ravioli into the sauce. Serve topped with the pine nuts and walnuts