Quick and Easy Elegant Holiday Appetizer Recipes
Table with appetizers December means holidays and, of course, holiday parties. Parties that will require your food to keep your guests content. So if you are looking for some easy and elegant holiday appetizer recipes to make your parties a...
December means holidays and, of course, holiday parties. Parties that will require your food to keep your guests content. So if you are looking for some easy and elegant holiday appetizer recipes to make your parties a success and keep your friends and family happy, we got you covered.
Easy Spring Rolls
- Soften rice paper in simmering water, once soft lay out on a flat surface.
- Arrange your choice of fillings on one side (chicken, shrimp; vegetables like carrots, bean sprouts, cooked rice noodles, and so on).
- Tightly roll the paper up similar to an egg roll or burrito. Serve with purchased dipping sauces, such as peanut sauce or soy sauce.
- Fill baked phyllo dough shells (the smallest ones you can find) with a small amount of softened cream cheese.
- Top with crumbled blue cheese and tart dried cherries. (optional) Add chopped candied pecans or almonds.
Spinach and Goat Cheese Tartlets
- Bake phyllo dough for about 10 minutes inside of mini muffin tin to make a small cup.
- Cream spinach and add to each cup. Bake until warm. Top with fresh chives (click here for the full recipe).
If you are not a big fan of spinach and goat cheese you can switch it up with a bruschetta mixture and top it with some mozzarella. Here is a quick recipe.
White-Bean Soup Shooters with Bacon
When guests arrive, greet them with this warm and tasty soup.
- Fry bacon until about halfway cooked in a medium saucepan.
- Add olive oil, butter and shallots and saute until soft. Add the beans, sage, garlic and broth, and simmer about 15 additional minutes.
- Transfer to blender and puree until "whipped." Place back into pan and add salt to taste (cayenne optional).
- Toast bread and smear with goat cheese, then cut into croutons. Pour soup into shot glass, add crouton and black pepper.
Hummus and Crackers Spread
- Purchase various types of hummus (roasted red pepper, garlic, spicy, traditional) and different crackers (pita, rye, etc.).
- Spoon out hummus into serving dishes arranged around a bowl of crackers. Enjoy!
Want more tips on making your holiday parties a success? Keep reading our blogs and don't forget to contact us for more information.