Thought Leader Series: Breakfast for Dinner! Breakfast Sausage Pizza - and Dessert
Lorena Brockman is a blogger for JennsBlahBlahBlog.com and has notable know-how in blogging, food, cooking, and has been deemed "Greatest Auntie Ever" by many. To learn more about Lorena, visit her company's blog at JennsBlahBlahBlog.com. Everyone loves pizza and...
Lorena Brockman is a blogger for JennsBlahBlahBlog.com and has notable know-how in blogging, food, cooking, and has been deemed "Greatest Auntie Ever" by many. To learn more about Lorena, visit her company's blog at JennsBlahBlahBlog.com.
Everyone loves pizza and everyone enjoys a hearty breakfast. This is the chance to combine the two for an epic dinner the whole family will grub. And after a delicious breakfast pizza, there's nothing better than a sweet, light treat like a cinnamon roll whipped pudding. This is an easy meal to get the family together, helping in the kitchen, chatting around the table, and building memories. Get your apron ready because it's about to get yummy in the kitchen with this breakfast for dinner recipe.
Pizza is hugely popular and can be fixed for any palate. It makes sense to transform a hearty breakfast into a pizza, right? Following are the few ingredients you'll need - and they're only suggestions. You can change the protein or reduce/add any ingredients you want.
- 1 prepared 10" pizza crust
- 1/2 cup cooked breakfast sausage, crumbled
- 1/2 cup cooked bacon, crispy crumbled
- 1/2 cup hash browns, cooked and patted dry
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup white gravy
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Spray a pizza pan with cooking oil; roll out your crust.
2. Spoon some gravy and spread evenly over the crust, using as little or as much as you'd like, but be careful to avoid making a soggy crust.
3. Sprinkle some hash browns, sausage, bacon, and cheese over the pizza.
4. Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until the crust is crisp and the center of the pizza is cooked.
5. For the eggs, heat some cooking oil in a small frying pan, and cook your egg as desired. Sunny side up, over easy, even scrambled - the choice is yours.
*Note*: You may want to opt for a fork because this is a serious pizza.
Whipped Cinnamon Roll Dessert
After dinner, it's always nice to have a sweet treat that isn't too heavy. Here's what you'll need for this whipped cinnamon roll dessert and the steps to make it.
- 2 packages instant pudding, vanilla and butterscotch flavors
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup whipped topping
- Powdered sugar
- Crushed walnuts
1. In a large bowl, mix your milk, powdered sugar, and pudding.
2. Using a stand mixer, beat pudding on medium while slowly adding whipped topping. Beat on high until fluffy.
3. Spoon into serving cups, sprinkle with cinnamon, nutmeg, and nuts.
*Note*: Sprinkle some chocolate shavings or add some warm peaches for an extra sweet boost!
Having a great dinner to munch on while chatting around the table is a great way to create lasting memories. Preparing that meal is just as fun, and these recipes make it easy.
Browse our kitchenware to give your breakfast dinner that down-home feel, and without the extra effort!