Valentine's Day Breakfast in Bed Ideas
Valentine's Day is the perfect time to enjoy a delicious breakfast with your loved one. Surprise them with a freshly prepared breakfast served in bed when they awaken. If you are looking for the perfect way to start your...
Valentine's Day is the perfect time to enjoy a delicious breakfast with your loved one. Surprise them with a freshly prepared breakfast served in bed when they awaken. If you are looking for the perfect way to start your Valentine's Day, consider a delicious breakfast in bed this Valentine's Day. It will be remembered forever. Here are a few great ideas to put on your menu this Valentine's Day.
Heart Shaped Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes with Crispy Bacon
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large, ripe, mashed banana
- 1 cup of milk
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- cooking spray
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine milk, egg white, oil, vanilla and mashed bananas until smooth.
- Gradually combine wet ingredients with the dry and mix well. There will be some lumps so don't over-mix.
- Heat a lightly oiled skillet over medium high heat.
- There are two ways you can make heart shaped pancakes. The first option is to lightly spray your heart shaped mold with cooking spray and place the mold on the hot skillet and pour 1/4 cup of pancake batter. Add 1 tsp. of chocolate chips in each pancake. When the pancake begins to bubble and the edges begin to set, flip the pancakes. Repeat with the remainder of the batter. The second option is to make regular pancakes and use a cookie cutter to create small or big hearts.
- Serve with crispy bacon or berries on the side and enjoy!
"I love you" sandwiches
You don't have to be a professional chef to create a perfect Valentine's day breakfast for your sweetheart. In fact, you don't even have to cook! This idea is the perfect solution for those of you who manage to "burn water" yet still want to be romantic and create that little special moment come Valentine's morning.
- toaster bread
- marmalade ( red types: raspberry, strawberry, red currant...)
- Toast 2 slices of bread.
- Spread butter and marmalade on one slice.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out heart on the second slice and place on top of the first one.
- Use pastry bag or decorating pen to write on top of the sandwich.
- To create small filled hearts on side use a cookie cutter and spread marmalade as showed on the picture "directions".
If your loved one is not into a sweet breakfast here is another idea - Heart shaped sunny side up egg toast.
All you need is one small egg, toast, some oil and ketchup for the finishing touch.
- Take a piece of bread and use a bigger heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out a heart.
- Heat up your frying pan, melt a little bit of butter or heat a spoon of oil.
- Toast one side of the bread along with the heart that you cut out.
- Flip to the other side and add an egg into the middle of the heart.
- Fry until the egg is cooked to your preference.
- Serve as presented in the following image.
Cranberry Sweetheart Scones
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 tbsp. margarine
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 1 cup chopped fresh cranberries
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the margarine and blend with a fork until the mixture is crumbly.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in the orange zest and cranberries.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs and then stir the milk into them.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry mixture and pour the wet ingredients into it. Stir until just blended.
- Transfer the dough onto a floured surface and knead a few times.
- Pat the dough to a 1-inch thickness.
- Use a butter knife to cut heart shapes.
- Bake at 400 degrees on an ungreased cookie sheet for 12 to 15 minutes. Makes about 8 scones.
For more Valentine's Day ideas or any other questions, feel free to contact us.